This twelve-day homestay tour is a journey into the truly authentic Vietnam. Beginning at Hanoi, you navigate north to south through Vietnam’s countryside, mountainous areas and river deltas, staying with local families, ethnic minority tribes, and at boutique hotels. Enjoy the locals’ hospitality and experience their daily lives, be intrigued by their rich culture and discover stunning landscapes. Be willing to step into another, totally different world.
|Sample travel plan only: for a 'no obligation' comprehensive itinerary within 24 hours, click here.
Day 1: Arrival in Hanoi’s Noi Bai Airport: chauffeured transfer to Moon Garden Homestay, relax with traditional herbal steam bath, explore the village and try out some locally grown snacks, enjoy a therapeutic footbath before going to sleep.
Day 2: Awake with traditional morning exercises, explore nearby Duong Lam ancient village by bicycle, join the locals in their daily work, visit a school, or simply relax in Moon Garden.
Day 3: After traditional morning prayers and breakfast, transfer to Hanoi to visit the Temple of Literature, Ethnology Museum and the city’s oldest pagoda, explore the Old Quarter, and later, transfer to the station to board sleeper train to Lao Cai.
Day 4: Transfer from Lao Cai to Sapa, hike down the scenic valley below Mt. Fan Si Pan, passing Hmong ethnic villages, spend the night in a homestay at a Day ethnic village.
Day 5: Transfer from Sapa to Bac Ha, trek through mountains, fields and a cinnamon forest, passing untouched villages, to reach Nam Khanh Homestay in a Dao village.
Day 6: Leave the village to trek a scenic route back toward Bac Ha, through Hmong and Tay villages, transfer to Lao Cai Station to board sleeper train back to Hanoi.
Day 7: Early arrival in Hanoi, freshen up in your room and eat breakfast, transfer to airport for flight to Danang, transfer to Betel Garden Homestay in Hoi An.
Day 8: Cycle through rice fields to the coast, join fishermen in basket boats, visit fishing village, and spend the afternoon exploring Hoi An’s ancient streets.
Day 9: Free time in Hoi An until transfer to Danang Airport for flight to Ho Chi Minh City, direct transfer to homestay in Vinh Long on the Mekong Delta.
Day 10: Cruise through Cai Be floating market, visit villages producing local specialties like fish sauce, enjoy fruits of Mr. Tiger’s orchard, overnight at local homestay.
Day 11: Cruise the Mekong to visit brick kiln, explore Vinh Long Market, and cycle among the area’s orchards, fields and canals, transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City for the night.
Day 12: Free time in Ho Chi Minh City until transfer to airport for departing flight.
The prices for this sample tour are per person in US dollars
These prices are valid until 31 October, 2018. Please note that bank transfer fees are not included.
|Number in group
Supplement for single hotel room occupancy*
* ‘Single room occupancy’ refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available on request.
Inclusions in brief:
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Nine lunches and seven dinners
- Experienced English-speaking guides
- Private chauffeur-driven air conditioned cars as appropriate
- Two domestic flights, two rail trips
Exclusions in brief
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
- Hanoi: Moon Garden Homestay (in Ky Son village, 50km from Hanoi, ancient Vietnamese architect, offerings rural lifestyle experience – Shared stilt house)
- Sapa & Bac Ha: Homestay at local hill tribal villages
- Hoi An: Betel Garden Homestay (located in a small village, 10 minute walk from the centre of Hoi An, traditional Vietnamese houses, tropical garden full of trees and flowers – Bungalow)
- Ho Chi Minh City: La Jolie Hotel (a boutique style hotel located in a quite corner of city centre – Deluxe room)
- Vinh Long: Homestay at local village
Please note that Vietnam hotels do not recognise provisional reservations, so specific hotels cannot be guaranteed until you have booked your chosen tour. As many of the better hotels are often full during the October to April peak season, early booking is advisable.