Buddhist meditation, Vietnamese herbal and processes, ancient village, ‘garden houses', Imperial Mausoleum, cycling (bicycle provided), Imperial Citadel, Dong Ba market, Cham Museum, five days in a resort highly regarded spa resort, Traditional Vietnamese Medicine Museum, Mekong River cruise, ancient Khmer pagoda, floating market
|This is an example of one of our Special Interests holidays in Vietnam - we'll be pleased to design similar trips with dates and itinerary customised to your personal preferences.
HANOI (4 days)
Day 1: Arriving at Noi Bai airport, you'll be met and driven to your hotel. After a welcome dinner, a traditional performance of water-puppetry will introduce you to Vietnamese culture.
Day 2: Today you'll begin your exploration of the healing arts with a visit to Van Tri Pagoda, set in tranquil gardens, for a day-long ‘mindfulness' class, which will employ the use of several different meditative techniques, designed to tune your being towards inner calm, awareness of your body, and harmonious confluence with the outer world. Lunch is included.
Day 3: After breakfast transfer to Moon Garden Homestay, about 50km west of Hanoi centre. Explore the peaceful grounds and thoughtfully designed buildings and join a pre-lunch cooking class. After lunch enjoy a hand spa treatment, cycle with a guide to explore the nearby ancient village of Duong Lam and Mia Pagoda, sit back for an herbal foot bath and join a traditional Vietnamese prayer ceremony in Moon Garden before returning to Hanoi for overnight.
Day 4: Your morning will begin with a visit to a long established café, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, followed by a stroll through the quaint narrow thoroughfares of the Old Quarter to Lan Ong street, famed locally as the street of local traditional herbalists. The rest of your day will be free at leisure.
HUE (2 days)
Day 5: Your morning will be free until your driver arrives to transfer you to the airport for the short flight to Hue, and check-in to your hotel. Later, you'll travel along the Perfume river on a ‘Dragon Boat' to visit one of the city's famous ‘Garden Houses' followed by a visit to the impressive Mausoleum of emperor Minh Mang. Both the garden houses and tomb sites are designed on geomantic principles. After returning to your hotel to freshen up and relax, you'll dine in the pleasant surroundings of another of the historic Garden Houses.
Day 6: After breakfast, you'll begin a cycle ride through the surrounding rural villages of Hue, soaking up the traditional country lifestyle, visiting Thanh Toan Bridge, roofed in the Chinese style, and a local market, and returning to Hue for lunch. In the afternoon you'll visit Hue's Imperial Citadel and Dong Ba market.
DANANG (1 day)
Day 7: In the morning, you'll be driven to Danang, passing over Hai Van Pass, renowned for its impressive views over the coast. Upon arrival in Danang, you'll visit the Cham Museum, learning about this ancient Hindu empire contemporaneous with the Khmer empire of Angkor, and view some of the best examples of finely carved Cham statuary. Later you'll be driven to Danang Station for the train journey to Quy Nhon, where you will be welcomed and transferred to Avani Quy Nhon Resort & Spa.
Avani Quy Nhon Resort & Spa (3 days)
Day 8, 9, 10: Avani Quy Nhon Resort & Spa encompasses a large property with its own beach and two private islands. In a dramatic setting where rocky promontories reach into the sea on both sides, all resort accommodations have large balconies with excellent sea views. During your stay, you can make use of the extensive spa facilities offering a full menu of therapeutic and beauty treatments.
Your package includes: a one hour session of your selection of various facial, body scrub, body mask or massage treatments; a two hour “Renew Me” spa experience; a private session of meditation, yoga or therapeutic massage; and a half day kayak tour. Of course, you can tailor your own programme of activities and spa treatments by simply sending a request to your tour operator.
* Therapy programmes can be individually tailored to your own needs or preferences. Please consult with your personal tour designer for the full range of possible treatments available, when enquiring about this type of holiday.
HO CHI MINH CITY (1 day)
Day 11: Your time will be free until your driver arrives for your transfer to the airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City and check-in to your hotel. In the afternoon, you'll visit the FITO Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine, host to a large collection of traditional Vietnamese medical implements, illustrative paintings and an extensive library of texts illuminating the techniques and medicinal preparations from ancient times to the present.
MEKONG DELTA (2 days)
Day 12: Today you'll escape the thrum of the city for a river cruise of the Mekong, visiting orchards and traditional cottage industries, before arriving in Can Tho, where you'll visit Munir Ansay Pagoda, before check-in to your hotel.
Day 13: After breakfast, you'll cruise further into the Delta, enjoying the daily rural life unfolding along the riverbank to visit Cai Rang floating market. Later you'll visit Vinh Trang Pagoda, near My Tho, en-route back to Ho Chi Minh City and check-in to your hotel.
Day 14: Your time will be free until your driver arrives to transfer you to Tan Son Nhat airport in good time for your onward or departure flight.
Prices (per person in US dollars):
|Number in group
*Supplement for single hotel room occupancy*
The prices below are based on the hotels listed on the Vietnam's Healing Art Tour 'Accommodation' page. If you would prefer a different hotel, or hotels, choose your preference, tell us, and we'll send you a modified price within 24 hrs at the latest.
At the time of quotation, Haivenu reserves the right to adjust prices to take account of unusual movements in currency markets, hotel and transport costs as a result of inflationary price pressures in oil and other commodity markets.
These prices are valid until October 31, 2016. Please note that bank transfer fees are not included.
* ‘Single room occupancy’ refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available on request.
Our prices include:.
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Spa package at the Avani Quy Nhon Resort & Spa.
- Boat cruise as specified in the programme.
- Domestic flights
Hanoi – Hue, Danang – Quy Nhon and Quy Nhon – Ho Chi Minh City
including domestic airport taxes.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- VAT and other taxes
Our prices do not include:
- International flight tickets and airport tax
- Dinners except as specified above
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
- Camera fees (if any)