days of cultural tourism focussing upon Vietnamese art, handicrafts
and Vietnamese cuisine from luxury vacations to mid-range
|This is an example of our cultural tourism tailor-made Asian tours - we'll be pleased to design similar luxury vacations or value-for-money holidays with dates, itinerary, luxury travel and Vietnam travel information, all customised to your personal preferences
Asian tours include
Hanoi, fine arts museum and local artists, craft villages,
luxury travel to Ha Long Bay, Vietnamese cuisine cooking
classes in three cities, Hue Citadel, Royal Tombs, Museum
of Antiquities and Hue garden houses, the Hai Van Pass,
Hoi An, the Marble Mountains and Ho Chi Minh City
cultural tourism experience begins with ...
... . four days in Hanoi, starting with
time to recover from your flight, a 'Welcome'
dinner to introduce you to Vietnamese cuisine, and a light-hearted
to Vietnam's rural culture.
The following day
focusses upon aspects of Vietnamese art ranging from the Fine
Arts Museum to an old man who brush-paints traditional calligraphy.
Another day takes you into the multitude of craft villages
dotted around Hanoi. We've chosen silk weaving, manufacturing
furniture with inlaid mother-of-pearl, and ceramics, and added
a Quan Ho music performance for good measure.
Next, you'll have
a morning cookery class where you'll get to know classic northern
dishes such as 'pho', Hanoi's delicious
noodle speciality and cook your own lunch. The remaining afternoon
is free to allow you to shop, wander or relax as you wish.
three breakfasts, three lunches and one dinner
transfers from and to the airport, the first evening, and
two days thereafter
day on Ha Long Bay
An early-morning drive across the Red River Delta takes you
to Bai Chay where your boat will be waiting to take you to
Ha Long Bay. There'll be time for sightseeing and finding
out about the fascinating 'karst' process that created Vietnam's
most famous natural heritage area. On the way back, you'll
stop off at a craft village specialising in ceramics
one breakfast and one lunch
escorted from leaving Hanoi to returning to your hotel
After a free morning and a flight to Hue, you'll have a day
and a half to soak up the unique atmosphere of a city steeped
in Imperial heritage, one aspect of which is a distinctive
cuisine including , local specialities and a
find out more when you met the owner of one of the city's
garden houses, who will not only show you round, but also
prepare, cook and serve your dinner.
Of course, you'll
have time to visit the sights of Hue, the mighty Citadel,
the Imperial City and the tombs of the Nguyen Emperors, and
we'll also fit in a couple of craft villages: conical hats,
bronze products and incense sticks this time.
three breakfasts, two lunches and one dinner
Guide: two and
a half days from arrival in Hue
days in Hoi An
The view of the coast and Danang from the top of the Hai Van
Pass makes the journey to Hoi An more interesting and demands
some serious photography. You'll also visit the famous Marble
Mountains en-route. Hoi An, a charming gem in Vietnam's cultural
crown, was once an major commercial port ancient town. You'll
have an expert guide to show you around and accompany you
on a trip up the Thu Bon river to meet the members of a couple
of communities that specialise in carpentry and pottery.
two breakfasts and two lunches
days in Ho Chi Minh City
A free morning until your noon flight from Danang. Ho Chi
Minh City is a bit of a culture shock after Hoi An. It's brash,
noisy and obsessed with commerce, but it's undeniably exciting.
We've left the rest of the day free for to adjust!
On the following
day, you'll 'do' the sights - the ,
the and so on, and a visit to a lacquerware workshop
to show you the remarkably complicated process involved. There's
plenty to see and do in the city, and there's a good range
of bars and restaurants.
We've included another
cookery class on the next day - southern food, this time.
By now, you should be an expert in Vietnamese cuisine and
able to astonish your friends at dinner parties back home.
We've also added visits to some of the better art galleries.
three breakfasts and two lunches
and two days
You'll be free until your car arrives to take you to Ho Chi
Minh City airport.
Prices (per person in US dollars):
The prices below are based on the hotels on the Cultural Heritage Sonata 'Accommodation' page. If you would prefer a different hotel, or hotels, choose your preference on the relevant 'Hotels' page, tell us, and we'll send you a modified price within 24 hrs at the latest.
|Number in group
*Supplement for single hotel room occupancy*
These prices are valid until October 31, 2018. Please note that bank transfer fees are not included.
* ‘Single room occupancy’ refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available on request.
Our prices include:
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Domestic flight tickets: Hanoi - Hue and Danang - Ho Chi Minh City, including domestic airport taxes.
- Boat cruises as programme. For Ha Long Bay, you'll join other passengers on a high quality wooden boat with comfortable accommodation, good facilities and an experienced crew. The boat will be fully licensed and comply with current safety regulations, and will accept a maximum of 16 passengers on the cruise.
- Fees for cooking courses as specified in the programme.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available, and full board on the boat in Ha Long Bay.
- VAT and other taxes
Our prices do
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Camera fees(if any)
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.