One of the true highlights of Vietnam is its endless variety of marine and riverine landscapes. Board your own private cruise vessel to explore the wonders of Halong Bay. Kayaking and swimming opportunities, fishing village and pearl farm excursions complement the bay’s majestic scenery. Glide past hidden corners of the Mekong Delta on a luxurious wooden river cruiser, pausing to walk, cycle or row through verdant delta villages and meet the creative locals. Add the historic, bustling capital city Hanoi and the always dynamic Ho Chi Minh City to the mix, and you have the full package.
|This is an example of one of our classic tailor-made holidays in Vietnam - we'll be pleased to design similar Vietnam vacations with dates and itinerary customised to your personal preferences.
Day 1: Arrival at Hanoi airport: chauffeured transfer to your hotel to refresh yourself before enjoying a welcome dinner and an evening performance of traditional Vietnamese water puppetry.
Day 2: Explore Hanoi, visiting the Temple of Literature, the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the museum dedicated to him, Tran Quoc Pagoda on West Lake, and the bustling heart of the city, the famous Old Quarter.
HA LONG BAY
Day 3: Leave in good time for the drive to Halong Bay, board your private cruise vessel and head first for the quiet waters and inspiring scenery of Bai Tu Long Bay, stop by hidden beaches for swimming or explore one of the many caves, overnight on board.
Day 4: After breakfast on board, set out by kayak to explore a floating fishing village and some of the area’s hidden lagoons, enjoy a BBQ lunch on a quiet beach and spend the afternoon kayaking or relaxing on board.
Day 5: Continue cruising through the bay, board a rowboat to visit a fishing village, stop by a working “pearl farm” see the process of pearl production, cruise back to the dock around noon for the drive back to Hanoi, free evening in the capital city.
CAN THO / MEKONG DELTA
Day 6: Transfer to airport for a morning flight to Can Tho, board your Mango Cruise vessel, sit back to enjoy the view cruising downriver, after lunch on board, stop to visit a lush riverside village, tour a traditional brick factory, dinner and overnight on board.
Day 7: Breakfast on board, then cycle around Vung Liem, visiting a Cao Dai temple and local market, after lunch on board, explore a coconut producing village, and farther downriver visit a rice paper maker who is a former Vietcong soldier, dinner and overnight on board.
Day 8: Enjoy breakfast as you cruise, stop by a village to ride a motorized rickshaw (xe loi) to visit a hu tieu rice noodle factory, view local canals from a rowboat, then cruise to My Tho, and transfer to Ho Chi Minh City for a free evening in District 1.
HO CHI MINH CITY
Day 9: Tour Vietnam’s economic capital, visiting the History Museum, Museum of War Remnants, Binh Tay Market in Chinatown, Jade Emperor Temple and Ben Thanh Market in the lively city centre.
Day 10: Free time until transfer to Tan Son Nhat Airport to catch your departing flight.
The prices for this sample tour are per person in US dollars
These prices are valid until 31 October, 2018. Please note that bank transfer fees are not included.
|Number in group
|Price per person
* ‘Single room occupancy’ refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available on request.
Inclusions in brief:
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Eight lunches and four dinners
- Experienced English-speaking guides
- Private chauffeur-driven air conditioned cars as appropriate
- Domestic flight, boat cruises
Exclusions in brief
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
HOTEL AND CRUISE LIST:
- Hanoi: Golden Lotus Luxury Hotel (*** boutique hotel in the heart of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, stylish furnishings and decoration art – Lotus Deluxe room)
- Ha Long Bay: Princess Junk (or Prince Junk if there are three or four persons in the group) Traditional Junk [Unique] (Deluxe quality wooden junks modelled on Imperial Court vessels – Chartered Junk)
- Mekong Delta: Mango Cruise [Unique] (Deluxe quality wooden boat, modelled a combination of the traditional Mekong ‘ghe dau’ barge, and the smaller sampan– Chartered Junk)
- Ho Chi Minh City: Nhat Ha 3 hotel (*** central location, short walk to Opera House and famous Dong Khoi Street, nice rooftop bar – Superior room)
Please note that Vietnam hotels do not recognise provisional reservations, so specific hotels cannot be guaranteed until you have booked your chosen tour. As many of the better hotels are often full during the October to April peak season, early booking is advisable.